Even as the U.S electric markets mature, there continue to be major changes in the industry that create opportunities for our clients.
- Integration of new regions like Midcontinent ISO/Energy in the South, and expansion of the California ISO Energy Imbalance Market (EIM) in the western U.S.
- First major wave of system replacements for core market operating systems worldwide.
- Expansion and evolution of market solutions across the world.
- Renewable integration and demand response in the electric markets and balancing areas.
- Next-generation market solutions to support increased optimization, distributed generation, storage and retail choice.
Utilicast consultants have been present, providing expertise and delivering value to our clients so that they can best take advantage of these opportunities. Utilicast has been deeply involved in the creation and evolution of wholesale electricity markets and remains dedicated to assisting ISOs to enhance, and utility and IPPs join these markets.
Market Operations Services
Utilicast offers the most cost effective, experienced team of Market Operations consultants in the industry. Our rates are reasonable and highly competitive; this allows Utilicast to offer the highest experience per dollar of any firm in our industry. Our resources typically have 15-25 years of experience across Power Operations, Trading, ISO Operations, Credit, Settlements across all of the North American Markets.
Utilicast provides a range of services to both Utility and IPP clients looking to join a wholesale market or upgrade or enhance the systems and processes they use to participate in the Markets.
- Market Design and Protocol Development. Whether it is critical enhancements to an existing market or a completely new Market Design, Utilicast resources have been intimately involved in the design of Markets across North America and internationally.
- Business and Technology Assessments and Roadmaps. Utilicast has charted the course for new participants as they assessed their participation in SPP, MISO, California EIM.
- Vendor and System Selection. From vendor assessments to RFP development, Utilicast has supported Market Participants and Market Operators to evaluate and select the right IT solutions for their organizations.
- System Integration & Implementation Services. Utilicast has extensive experience with design, integration and implementation of IT solutions at both Market Participants and ISOs. From packaged vendor solutions to bespoke development, Utilicast’s deep expertise and experience in organized Markets allows us to deliver unmatched value for System Integration services.
- Change Management & Training. Joining an organized market brings tremendous organizational change. Utilicast helps our clients prepare their people to succeed in new ISO markets.
- Market Readiness Planning & Execution. Utilicast resources have led Market Readiness efforts at our ISO/RTO, Market Operator and Market Participant clients. We understand how to prepare for and get the most value out of Market Trials and Market Simulations.
- Project Leadership & Management. Utilicast doesn’t provide just a Project Manager. We provide an expert in Market Operations who excels at leading and managing projects.